The position will entail driving an AC Ice Company, Inc. truck and delivering product to a variety of retail and commercial customers. Most of these daily routes have between 15-25 stops per day. During our busy season drivers will usually have helpers riding with them to assist in delivery and stocking of product.
This position is labor intensive, requires lifting, loading, pushing/pulling a high volume of bags of ice and or firewood per day on a 2 wheel cart, 4 wheel cart, manual or electric pallet jack. In our busy season; May to September; this position requires long work hours. Route driver will be willing to work an average 10-15 hours of overtime per week during our summer season. This position will also require some weekend hours during summer season along with working Memorial weekend, July 4th and Labor Day weekend
This job requires that you take bagged ice or firewood from a pallet, stack it on a 2 or 4 wheel cart, and stack the product in the appropriate container or merchandiser.
Route driver will have the expertise to operate a box truck measuring between 16-36 feet in length. These trucks will require a Colorado Class B CDL Commercial license or a standard Colorado license and be operated in a safe DOT manner. Driver will be driving at highway speeds and also maneuvering in heavy traffic and obstacles in tight areas.
Driver must be able to interact with a variety of people on a very positive level. Route driver must have the ability to solve daily issues or problems that might occur on daily routes. Route driver must have good self management skills and the ability to direct co-workers working with them.
Route driver must be able to operate and understand a computer hand held system and correctly input invoices to all customers. Driver must submit all necessary paperwork at end of day including, invoices, hand held reports, product inventory reports, DOT reports, and any other reports that would come up in the daily operation of route.
Driver must be able to understand and prepare all necessary DOT pre and post trip inspection reports for any truck that is being operated. Driver must keep cab of truck clean and box truck swept out.
This job requires that you have the ability to load your own truck using a forklift, electric pallet jack, and or 2 wheel carts. At the conclusion of route, driver must unload product from truck and accurately count and record any product being returned to warehouse.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Meet AC Ice Company, Inc. insurance requirements.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must pass drug test.
- Possess a Colorado Class B CDL license with are brake endorsement (if applying for Class B Driver Position).
- Possess a Colorado Drivers License if applying for a Non-CDL delivery driver.
- Must be able to speak and understand English.
- Must have physical ability to carry 60 lbs. of product for extended periods of time.
- Must have physically ability to climb in and out of a 4 foot tall truck.
- Ability to work independently.
- Operate up to a 36 foot tandem axle refrigerated truck in various driving conditions.
- Ability to operate a hand held computer and enter information in a correct and precise manner.
- Must be able to read a map and follow driving directions.
- Must have the physical ability to control a 2 or 4 wheel cart with 200-500 lbs. of product throughout the workplace.
- Must be able to work in various weather conditions.
- Must be able to perform frequent bending, kneeling, squatting, and turning of body.
- Must be able to interact with customers in a professional manner.
- Must be able to do pre and post trip inspection on trucks according to DOT standards
- Must be able to operate an electric pallet jack and forklift.
- Must be willing to work in warehouse, when needed.
- Must be able to do minor maintenance on trucks, air in tires, check oil, check coolant, etc.
If you adhere to all Job Requirements Click the “Continue to Job Application” Button Below.